Precision ‘Boxford’ Model AUD, V-bed engine lathe
Mfg. Brand and Model: ‘Boxford’ Mod. AUD 42 Mk.3
Diameter of swing: 10″
Dist. ctr- to ctr.: 22″
Bedways: Twin inverted Vee ways
- 3-jaw Chuck
- 5C Collet Chuck
- Set of 15 type 5C Hardinge etc. ground precision collets
- Collet chuck (installed)
- Power feeds (2 axis) gearbox
- Taper-turning attachment
- Clutch to main spindle drive system- top mounted
- Swing down chuck guard
- Full length rear splash-guard, removable
- Quick-Change toolpost
- Adjustable slide-stop for X axis
- Full factory cabinet all-steel base with cupboard shelves
- Always well maintained – in gov’t service shop
NOTE: Seller will change motor to single phase at no extra charge, upon request of buyer)
Made of top-quality materials of good British steel and craftsmanship, in England !
This precision late-model Boxford lathe was only used in association with the production processes of ammunition by Canadian gov’t munitions supply (arsenals)
We include 4 jaw AND precision spring collet chucks!
See the excellent detail photos of another Model AUD, the UK Boxford home page of lathes.
Our lathe seems identical to the model AUD colour photo #8 down from top at : http://www.lathes.co.uk/boxford/page2.html